Hey there, guys (: Welcome to Fresh n’ Fit! I’m Samantha, and I’m a seventeen [almost eighteen!] year old high school graduate – soon to be college freshman!
I’ll be starting at Clemson University come this fall, as a Psychology and Early Childhood Education double major. I’ve been bouncing back and forth between a couple majors for a while, but I’m so excited to have committed to a solid plan! I know people change their majors like a gazillion times, but that’s not the point (:
Writing these things seriously feels kinda awkward to me… so we’ll do a nice little bullet point situation of the key facts about me, mkaaay?
- Friends+Family – Hands. Down. The most important people in my life. Through thick, thin, trouble, and lessons, they have stuck with me. They’re incredible, and have completely shaped who I am today!
- Food – And I have a food blog?! Whaaat?! It took me a long time to learn that food is to be appreciated: not neglected or abused. Use it wisely! See My Philosophy for more deets!
- My job! Seriously, how my 17 year olds can you get to say that? From my friends, I can say not many. I’m a girls’ gymnastics coach, which was the perfect path for me after I stopped my own training.
- Yoga, and lululemon (: I totally credit Megan of The Oatmeal Diaries for getting me set up with my yoga obsession – I’ll have a review post up soon! Also, I love everything about lululemon – it’s like my dream place. Just check out that manifesto! I also love other forms of exercise, like running, spinning, stretching, and I’m really starting to like strength training again!
- Books – more specifically, stories. And I think these can be found anywhere: books, movies, TV shows, a well-written song, the lives of people you know… everywhere. Just be open to them!
- One of my biggest beliefs – INDULGE YOURSELF! Few things are better for the mental health. Maybe indulging yourself means a spa day, or maybe it means ignoring a to-do list for a little while to mentally recharge by reading or sleeping or exercising or whatever gets you going! Personally, I’m a nail polish addict – just a simple fresh coat of polish can totally amp up my confidence!
I also believe in something intangible – balance.
Party all night Saturday and run Sunday morning? Hell yeah. Party every night of the week and sleep it off? Hell no. Never leave the house except for workouts and grocery store runs? Hell no effing way. I’ve been there, and trust me – minutes will never seem longer.
What I would love for people to take away from my blog is that happiness and health are the results of your choices, and you really can’t disregard one in pursuit of the other, because believe me – it backfires. I want people to love themselves so that they can love others and truly experience happiness! I’m not all the way there either, so it can be a journey together (:
Thank yall so much for reading, I hope you enjoy it!