Ok. Not gonna lie, I have plennnty of things to do today. So my game plan is to post them all on here, so that I can totally hold myself accountable for them! It kinda needs to happen… Let’s go!
- Work/Breakfast/Post this
- Take Foreign Language placement test
- Fill gas tank
- Paint nails [a real goal. They’re chipped and unacceptable.]
- Do laundry
- Organize closet
- Drive Will & friends to practice
- Transfer music from PC to laptop
- If time permits – watch either White Collar, Covert Affairs, or Pretty Little Liars
Now we’ll just have to see how well I do with actually DOING all of those things! I mean, you’re seriously gonna have to twist my arm to make me watch those shows.
Ahh well. I just finished breakfast, so how about a picture of it?
Chocolate Superfood Oats
Makes a little over 2 cups’ worth
- 1/3c oat bran
- 1 2/3c water
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Green Superfood Powder (you can sub for chlorella or spirulina or something like that, but they might be green instead of brown!)
- 1/2 t maca powder
- 1T Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
- 1/2c pumpkin
- 1/4c wheat bran
- 1 packet truvia/sweetener to taste; vanilla and almond extracts
Mix oat bran and water in a large microwaveable bowl (I use a 4c pyrex). For a tutorial on this method see Carrie’s Voluminous Oats video! After oats are completely cooked and have sat for ~2 minutes, add the 1/4c wheat bran and stir in vanilla+almond extracts (no measurement, just a few drops of both). When that has completely combined, stir in the Superfood Powder [or chlorella or spirulina or whatever], the maca powder, the cocoa powder, and your sweetener. Once all of those have combined, finally add the pumpkin.
Either stick your bowl in the fridge overnight and enjoy it cold or go ahead and start eating! Your body will totally love all the vitamins and minerals from the add ins and the fiber + protein combo from the oat bran and wheat bran will keep you full forevaaaa(:
I’m off to go do the coachin’ thang, and I’m so excited for my first class today! Last week I just had two little girls show up and it was so much fun! At most, I’ll have like three today in the first class [and a million in the second]. See you guys later!
What’s your favorite oat add in?